Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News regarding the future of the server

+3
Ivorycry
Cheeeseッ
TENTACLE_BOSS
7 posters

Go down

News regarding the future of the server Empty News regarding the future of the server

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Our next server payment invoice is just a few months away, and we hope to make some changes for the better around here for the coming year. First of all I will mention that when I started this server almost a year ago, my budget was very limited, and we originally started out with a mere 8 slots! We upgraded this due to demand. However, now I am a bit easier for money, and we have a small dedicated community going for this server, it seems it is getting rather cramped.. So first on the agenda:

- I plan to go half and half on the costs with a server veteran in late December to upgrade our capacity to 18 slots! This will not only allow for more players, but also larger maps to be created for the server, hopefully the increased player count will draw in more players too.

- That said most of us seem to agree that we like the small community feel, so anything above 18 slots seems unlikely to happen.

We will be changing the way the server functions in a few ways for the better, regarding maps for one:

- I hope to over time implement a full roster of fun, exclusive maps for the server, made by me and the community. Hopefully most of them will be size efficient, because we are well aware of how tedious and long the downloads can be when downloading a map within TF2. This will allow for rotations of new, and fun content that is not only accessible to those who are impatient when downloading a single map, (thus opening the gates for more players to enter the server) but still allows for a variety of (hopefully) non-repetitive content.

And regarding donators:

- We would like to set up the ability to donate around the time the server gets it's capacity upgrade, but we are also in the process of figuring out how we can best show our gratitude to donators, without giving them an unfair advantage in game over other players. I would be very keen to hear peoples suggestions on this.

That's all for now, feel free to ask any questions you may have below, thanks for reading!

-TENT
TENTACLE_BOSS
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

News regarding the future of the server Empty Re: News regarding the future of the server

Post by Cheeeseッ Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:31 pm

Why don't we have those maps we had before when we had the 8 slots?
Cheeeseッ
Cheeeseッ
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Back to top Go down

News regarding the future of the server Empty Re: News regarding the future of the server

Post by Ivorycry Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:20 pm

18 slots would be nice cause all the regulars are just pushing the limits of 12 slots but any higher as you said would get rid of the small community feel which i like
Ivorycry
Ivorycry
Tentacle Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Teh Big Mac Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:48 pm

Soon, Ivory
Teh Big Mac
Teh Big Mac
Experienced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivorycry Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:34 am

I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Ivorycry
Ivorycry
Tentacle Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotro Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Ideas for Perks for Donators
-Rainbow coloured names if they so choose
-Unusual effect toggles on hats
-Maybe some of the more minor commands like invisibility and health
-Noclip (although that may be a bad idea)
-Disco
-A good say in what happens on the server

Just some ideas, probably not gonna happen though
Dotro
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:11 pm

-Names, doable (as are tags)
-unusual effects may be a little overboard but possible
-invisibility and health effect gameplay and are hardly minor, that seems like an unfair advantage
-noclip wont happen
-disco?
-you have that influence now, welcome to the forums. that said a donator/veteran exclusive forums may be in the works.
TENTACLE_BOSS
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotro Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:35 pm

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:-Names, doable (as are tags)
-unusual effects may be a little overboard but possible
-invisibility and health effect gameplay and are hardly minor, that seems like an unfair advantage
-noclip wont happen
-disco?
-you have that influence now, welcome to the forums. that said a donator/veteran exclusive forums may be in the works.

Sounds reasonable
Also Disco is that thing where it's a mixture between the Drugs effect and the one everyone keeps changing colours
Dotro
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivorycry Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:23 pm

Well drugged effect is horrible for gameplay and so is the one that keeps changing colours cause you don't know who's who.
Ivorycry
Ivorycry
Tentacle Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by MarhElliot Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:35 pm

So, what is the server's IP? I've been looking around but can't find it.

MarhElliot
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivorycry Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:37 pm

The server IP is: 27.50.70.5:37515
Ivorycry
Ivorycry
Tentacle Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:08 am

MarhElliot wrote:So, what is the server's IP? I've been looking around but can't find it.

The details are in the announcements area. :S
TENTACLE_BOSS
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivorycry Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:15 pm

Meow?
Ivorycry
Ivorycry
Tentacle Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotro Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:15 pm

Ivorycry wrote:Meow?

Woof!
Dotro
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivorycry Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:32 am

Fuck a dog *runs away*
Ivorycry
Ivorycry
Tentacle Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:23 am

Ivorycry wrote:Fuck a dog *runs away*

You are an excellent shitposter.
TENTACLE_BOSS
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotro Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:09 am

It's easy to shitpost when you're shitfaced!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Dotro
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivorycry Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Yeah i was bored
Ivorycry
Ivorycry
Tentacle Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotro Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:17 am

Ivorycry wrote:Yeah i was bored

Bored like a board...?
Dotro
Dotro
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by oOPIDDYOo Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:42 pm

May i ask. What the fuck is up with ur queen Dotro.
oOPIDDYOo
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down