Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The future

+2
Crash
TENTACLE_BOSS
6 posters

Go down

The future Empty The future

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:08 pm

Renewal month is approaching, that being the time that I have to make a choice whether to or to not continue the mops server, and if I do continue it, for how long.

The server hasn't been seeing new traffic for some time given my lack of time to advertise the server and make new content for it. That isn't about to change. However I recognize that the server is still used by our regulars from time to time and I don't want to throw them under the bus. So I'm hoping I can get your suggestions in regards to what I should do with the server. To give you a few ideas:

-lowering the player slots, because these almost never get filled nowadays, they are just sitting there taking up space, and without them server upkeep would cost less, meaning if nobody wants to invest in the server upkeep this year, it would potentially give me the means to keep the server running for longer.

-changing the game mode, because we have been a trade server for 2 years and that formula becomes stale. I am looking at the possibility of fort wars to keep the server fun, and to potentially draw in new players without needing to add massive amounts of content to maps.

-migrate, to a new game where we can start a completely different sort of server.

-split into multiple games, by lowering the server slots and assuming I have some financial investors again this year, we could still upkeep the tf2 server for the regulars with enough slots for them to access the server whenever they wanted, along with venturing into another game at the same time. This would lead to said financial investors becoming admins on any games they pay towards keeping alive.

-hibernate, don't pay the upkeep for the server, leading to tf2 mops shutting down, this would obviously save money, but the forums would remain up and we could all discuss what we want mops to become.

Those are just a few things to consider, and as mentioned above I am going to be looking for financial support with the server if the server is to be guaranteed the current amount of slots and another year of up time. Or if we decide to venture into another game/split into 2 servers.

It would be great to get feedback for this.

-TENT
TENTACLE_BOSS
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

The future Empty Re: The future

Post by Crash Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:16 pm

lower the player slots, and add a goal to the map, ie. ctf 15 times
Crash
Crash
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

https://www.youtube.com/user/crashsg32

Back to top Go down

Post by TheUberChris Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Two things:
One, yes lower the player slots.

Two, maybe to spice up the arena (if we do end up getting a new map) go to some death run maps and take some ideas from there i.e. spike traps, indiana jones style running away from big-ass rock, etc.

And... yeah.
TheUberChris
TheUberChris

Back to top Go down

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:29 pm

How would you guys feel about me sticking pretence in the current mops roster for now?
TENTACLE_BOSS
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodHunter301 Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:29 pm

Ideas:
- Make It A JailBreak Server
- Make A Mops Youtube Channel
- Lower Player Slots
- More Advertising

BloodHunter301
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by oOPIDDYOo Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:14 pm

BloodHunter301 wrote:Ideas:
- Make It A JailBreak Server
- Make A Mops Youtube Channel
- Lower Player Slots
- More Advertising

Jailbreak is a low possibility, but still a possibility
Why would we need a youtube channel? We are a game server. Only youtube video we have is the trailer I made.
Tent will probably lower the player slots.

and for advertising, can you list some examples?
oOPIDDYOo
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheUberChris Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:20 pm

well some of my videos are on the server...
TheUberChris
TheUberChris

Back to top Go down

Post by oOPIDDYOo Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:20 pm

Personally I believe we should keep the tf2 server, because the tf2 server is essentially what mops is, mops was founded on tf2, and should remain of tf2. Lowering the player slots would be logical as we haven't really come close to a full server for half a year and I doubt without good reason we ever will again.

Unless of course we change gamemode, which will attract a playerbase which favors the given gamemode. a possibility is we could have fun with hammer and create some custom maps for these gamemodes, I'm keen on working on a Fort wars map, as its pretty simple and would be fun to see what sort of areas you could set up to better help the building aspect of FW. FW is easy to install and configurate as well as tent rather liking the concept.

I have always wanted to make a ctf/cp map tho. So I'm open to whatever alternative comes by. Although if we do this change over the next 2 weeks, I cant do shit, as i'm currently being paid to make a map for ntotb.

As for changing games, as much as I think this would be great, I don't think it is the best option as finding a playerbase on a game which costs money. Isn't too easy. Which is why I didn't host a Killing floor server.
oOPIDDYOo
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by oOPIDDYOo Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:21 pm

TheUberChris wrote:well some of my videos are on the server...

yeah well i didnt even know you did videos, and such you can simply link them to the forum.
oOPIDDYOo
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheUberChris Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUberChris my channel Razz go!

also a ctf map sounds like a lot of fun, we could make it into a kind of MvM thing where one character from each team is like... randomly chosen to be "the chosen one" and get heaps of health but move super slow and only they can get the breifcase...
TheUberChris
TheUberChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Crash Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:47 pm

actually, if it's possible, a boss fight where one group of players try and attack another op player (like the hhh) would be neat, especially if it can be put on a certain part of the map or in a room
Crash
Crash
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

https://www.youtube.com/user/crashsg32

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt. Longshot Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:28 am

I agree with everyone's decision to lower the slots since we do not have enough traffic to fill these as of late.
I thought if we could create some new and fun game mode to go with the map (Insert idea here) if we can create something like this then we would be able to draw in the amount of numbers that we want. The idea i had was if we stick to the idea of TeamvTeam and make it competitive, if needed we can make a silly room where people can just derp around if they have to.
Lt. Longshot
Lt. Longshot
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down