Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The server and its short term future

3 posters

Go down

The server and its short term future Empty The server and its short term future

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:32 am

So I am alone at the moment in accounting for the servers payments, and at the same time the server isn't seeing a lot of activity. Due to my financial circumstances and the status of the server, I have attempted to add one more month onto the servers rental period with 12 slots instead of 24. Something has gone wrong on multiplays end however, and my payment for a month seems to only registered as 5 days which I have contacted support about.
The server and its short term future RlNA8R0

Support are having massive delays right now due to Rust, so I'm expecting to hear back about this within 48 hours. So worst case scenario, you have 9 days to use and enjoy the server, and best case scenario you have 30-34 days.

After that, I am feeling like the server has reached the end of an era for various reasons (namely due to usage, tf2, finances, and the nature of the community) and unless somebody else has some motive to pitch in with the servers finances, I will probably pull the plug on the TF2 server. In the event that this happens, I would like these forums to remain so that the network can still exist in some form and just in case a future project for mops manifests in the coming months. (nothing is planned)

-TENT
TENTACLE_BOSS
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

The server and its short term future Empty Re: The server and its short term future

Post by Crash Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:00 pm

rip mops
you had a good run
i've moved on to actual tf2 now, and i've been going on mops less and less
so meh
Crash
Crash
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

https://www.youtube.com/user/crashsg32

Back to top Go down

The server and its short term future Empty Re: The server and its short term future

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:44 pm

Crash wrote:rip mops
you had a good run
i've moved on to actual tf2 now, and i've been going on mops less and less
so meh

All good things must come to an end eventually, if they are to be considered good. I think the complete lack of players is a good sign it needs to die or turn into something else, its sad for me since its been a two year run, but unless there's players out there who still really want it, there isn't really a point in it sitting there empty. You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
TENTACLE_BOSS
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt. Longshot Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:27 am

I would have donated money for this server but my stubborn stuck up parents won't let me, maybe sometime in the near future i will donate money to mops but until then RIP
Lt. Longshot
Lt. Longshot
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum