Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra talk about Captain's Map

4 posters

Go down

Extra talk about Captain's Map Empty Extra talk about Captain's Map

Post by Deanoo c: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:37 pm

So this is just for something to let the map maker know about......I have a few ideas myself...
1. Maybe for the Spycrabbing room lower the side walls for other spies to see other spies?
2. The benches which are props are kind of "unsolid" curious if it's possible to make solid? Very Happy
3. For the tether, maybe make it airblastable?
4. For tether, make the door possible to be closed by admins/mods/owners and such?
5. Maybe make another door at the very front of the spawns? Just a suggestion Razz

Hope you take these into consideration Captain.
-Deanoo:3
Deanoo c:
Deanoo c:
Tentacle Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Extra talk about Captain's Map Empty Re: Extra talk about Captain's Map

Post by Crash Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:01 pm

http://mops.betaboard.net/t439p15-suggestions-for-perfidious

this exists for a reason genius
(the reason is so that bubbles can ignore your suggestions because she and her map are perfect already)
Crash
Crash
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

https://www.youtube.com/user/crashsg32

Back to top Go down

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Hey crash, I suggested deanoo make this thread because that one is running to the seams with period blood. lets not splatter any more over here, okay?

My suggestions:

some of the props block the corners of the corridor and in one corner totally prevent you from passing through. these pathways exist for a reason and you should be able to run through them without trouble. I'd remove any props in the corridor corners that block the player.

A while back i suggested you add a func_push to the pit to annoy people who got close to the edge. People didn't see the humor in it that i did, and understandably it may make sense to remove that so people can move around in the center more freely. due to its size it is a bit difficult to have a decent fight in there without instant death. I like the layout, but i think it just needs to be a slightly bigger area.

Have you experimented with custom textures at all? It is easy enough to make some, or to extract them from a mod/another game/grab some off of google. You used the stock textures well, but a coat of modern paint MIGHT give the map some more life.

The HHH could spawn where it is, within a glass room locked from the outside, meaning it wont interrupt boxing or spycrabbing unless it is let out of its pen.

Other than that, your update seems to be going in the right direction.
TENTACLE_BOSS
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by oOPIDDYOo Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:56 am

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:Hey crash, I suggested deanoo make this thread because that one is running to the seams with period blood. lets not splatter any more over here, okay?

My suggestions:

some of the props block the corners of the corridor and in one corner totally prevent you from passing through. these pathways exist for a reason and you should be able to run through them without trouble. I'd remove any props in the corridor corners that block the player.

A while back i suggested you add a func_push to the pit to annoy people who got close to the edge. People didn't see the humor in it that i did, and understandably it may make sense to remove that so people can move around in the center more freely. due to its size it is a bit difficult to have a decent fight in there without instant death. I like the layout, but i think it just needs to be a slightly bigger area.

Have you experimented with custom textures at all? It is easy enough to make some, or to extract them from a mod/another game/grab some off of google. You used the stock textures well, but a coat of modern paint MIGHT give the map some more life.

The HHH could spawn where it is, within a glass room locked from the outside, meaning it wont interrupt boxing or spycrabbing unless it is let out of its pen.

Other than that, your update seems to be going in the right direction.
I reduced the size of the fan suck in, and made it a little more lifelike.

Im not changing the size of the map, that seriously would take a shitton of time and effort to resize everything and reposition everything, it may potentially (most fucking definitely, fuckhammer) break the map.

and the props in the corners are gone or no longer block passage.
oOPIDDYOo
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crash Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:20 pm

if it's too much effort to resize everything in the map, it clearly shows you've gone overboard with props
Crash
Crash
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

https://www.youtube.com/user/crashsg32

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down