Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killing Floor Vs Minecraft

5 posters

Go down

What should Game should my Server Host, When it returns from the dead?

Killing Floor Vs Minecraft I_vote_lcap33%Killing Floor Vs Minecraft I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Killing Floor Vs Minecraft I_vote_lcap50%Killing Floor Vs Minecraft I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
Killing Floor Vs Minecraft I_vote_lcap17%Killing Floor Vs Minecraft I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Killing Floor Vs Minecraft Empty Killing Floor Vs Minecraft

Post by oOPIDDYOo Fri May 17, 2013 12:33 pm

EDIT: Check Out the site, and definitely the trailer for some Game-play Footage - http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250/

OK, firstly I would like you to know that my server is NOT dead, if you are not aware, due to personal issues, I had no funding for the Minecraft server, as well as combined factors (e.g Slow as fuck PC, can't run Minecraft.)

On another note, personally I love killing floor, it is a fantastic game that I just cant put down, anyone can run it, and if you can afford Minecraft you may well and truly afford Killing Floor. The game-play is fantastic and for those who do not know much of the game, K-F is a coop Horror survival, Where the objecting is to survive over a number of waves of monsters, and proceed to finish the match off by killing the final boss "The Patriarch". What makes the game hard to put down, is the fact you can Level up any of the 6 classes. Each class has Many passive perks which grow stronger each level. There is a fair amount of Downloadable Content for the game, as well as the game having full mod support. The game is unique in the fact EVERY kill is satisfying, heads exploding guts flying across the screen, Detailed sound effects, and the pure amount of kills totaled up at the end of each round. In-Game shops allow you to use money from kills to buy devastating weapons (AA-12 MACHINE SHOTGUN O3O) and such.

OK, to the point. The thing is, Australia lacks in custom Killing Floor Servers. In-fact, I rarely will ever see a custom (non-vanilla) server listed on the Server list, Ever. Leaving an entire nation with Solo-offline play, or browsing the many (5) vanilla servers available to Australia, under 100 Ping.

My Goal: To create a Custom Killing Floor server, much like our TF2 Server, Custom Map, Custom Plugins, Regs and not always playing the game how it is designed to be played. As Tentacle Boss mentioned "I would like to see the Car mod, where you can literally drive around a map in a car" (or something along the lines) Just Doing Shitall.

But, I'm not doing this for personal gain, this is why this post is a 'Poll' because I will still do Minecraft, if majority of the people Choose it. (Unfortunately, this may be the case as a lot more people own MineCraft, then they do Killing Floor.) Not to worry of those who do not own killing floor, during Steam sales, I will be sure to purchase multiple copies of Killing Floor, to give away on Our TF2 Competition Map.

When voting Please keep the following in Mind.

• Minecraft is Open to anyone, these people may use hacks. (Nodus/Xray etc.)

• Minecraft is Open to anyone, these people can easily grief.

• Minecraft is laggy for low end computers.

• Minecraft costs more. (And it's more expensive to buy hosting as well.)

• Minecraft is not lacking any Australian Servers.

• Killing Floor is a great and New Experience for some people.

• Killing Floor is more of an Original Server Host.

• Killing Floor will be more private, and less Prebs. (It costs more then 2$)

• Killing Floor Still has a Large amount of Australian Users looking for a nice Australian Server. (Demand)

• Killing Floor Offers new experiences with new Plugins.

• Killing Floor is open to mod support.

Killing Floor is cool. C:

elephant

Last edited by oOPIDDYOo on Fri May 17, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
oOPIDDYOo
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Killing Floor Vs Minecraft Empty Re: Killing Floor Vs Minecraft

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS Fri May 17, 2013 12:39 pm

A few things to note, when there are custom plugins that are not whitelisted, there is no character progression i.e no levelling, so you would have to make a tough decision there, new features at the cost of levelling, or the same old same old. Maps have since all been whitelisted so custom maps wouldn't be an issue. Also, KF and Minecraft have the same price point.
TENTACLE_BOSS
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by oOPIDDYOo Fri May 17, 2013 12:42 pm

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:A few things to note, when there are custom plugins that are not whitelisted, there is no character progression i.e no levelling, so you would have to make a tough decision there, new features at the cost of levelling, or the same old same old. Maps have since all been whitelisted so custom maps wouldn't be an issue. Also, KF and Minecraft have the same price point.

I am aware of this, we might want to have some way of changing this in-game. So it's either Chilling. or Leveling/playing
oOPIDDYOo
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSexyKitty Fri May 17, 2013 12:55 pm

I think kf is a good idea Very Happy
TheSexyKitty
TheSexyKitty
Pokemon Champion
Pokemon Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Deanoo c: Fri May 17, 2013 1:09 pm

KILLING FLOOR FTW WOO YOLO SWAG KF Neutral
Deanoo c:
Deanoo c:
Tentacle Subordinate

Back to top Go down

Post by oOPIDDYOo Fri May 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Fucking Killing Floor 6 Pack, is $100...
oOPIDDYOo
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS Sat May 18, 2013 12:54 pm

oOPIDDYOo wrote:Fucking Killing Floor 6 Pack, is $100...

waaaait, for a saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale....
TENTACLE_BOSS
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheeeseッ Mon May 20, 2013 2:28 pm

stop killing the floor, what did it ever do to you?
Cheeeseッ
Cheeeseッ
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by oOPIDDYOo Mon May 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Cheeeseッ wrote:stop killing the floor, what did it ever do to you?

Ha.
oOPIDDYOo
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down