Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why isn't Scripting Banned by Valves Anti cheat?

4 posters

Go down

Why isn't Scripting Banned by Valves Anti cheat? Empty Why isn't Scripting Banned by Valves Anti cheat?

Post by =^-^=Cat=^-^= Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:22 am

Hello,everyone!~
Today i was on Team fortress 2... on le Mops server.
But while i was playing someone was using scripts.
I asked him" Have you ever been banned for using scripts?"
He replied "Nope, because scripts are not banned by valves anti cheat."
Acording to Tf2 Wiki it says

Aren't binds cheating?
Not in many people's opinion. Think of it this way: binds allow you to do things you could have done easily, but faster. Everyone has easy access to binds, so they don't give you any advantage over other people. Also, the developers of the put this feature in deliberately and allow it to happen (and they really don't like cheating because it is a multiplayer game) so it is seen as a legitimate use of the game.

How ever.. this person was using it as a cheat..
Such as...
Gam3rr0rZ : I am activated (beta) infinite uber script.
(
This allowed him to uber from end of the red spawn to the other end of the map...
Not only that,he also had the ability to have unlimated uber..

So i ask you.. Why doesnt Valve stop the Scripts that enhance the players ability?

Thank you all for reading.
-Cat Wuv to you all x3

=^-^=Cat=^-^=
=^-^=Cat=^-^=

Back to top Go down

Why isn't Scripting Banned by Valves Anti cheat? Empty Re: Why isn't Scripting Banned by Valves Anti cheat?

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Scripting generally allows for key bindings, doing actions that you could do normally in game, just faster, like, deploying a sentry. Like a macro.

The problem is this individual has somehow learned to exploit these scripts and do things via them valve hasn't INTENTIONALLY allowed for.
TENTACLE_BOSS
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Why isn't Scripting Banned by Valves Anti cheat? Empty Re: Why isn't Scripting Banned by Valves Anti cheat?

Post by Cheeeseッ Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:11 pm

More key bindings just makes you press more buttons so if your keyboard doesn't have the bonus keys like "delete system 32" you'll probably forget what keys you binded your stuff to and you'll probably end up deleting system 32 in the process of the jump-crouching-360-scope-headshot key bind.

On a more serious note, like Tentacle said, as long as what he is using is implemented into the game by Valve for players to use (not infinite ubers) it is fine.

Also, he is probably not scripting and it's actually a game error. You'll understand when you see his name. (Don't take that seriously. Please don't.)
Cheeeseッ
Cheeeseッ
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by gergg the grim reaper Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:41 am

i hate that bastard bloody ponce dem scripts are to me cheating like come on never ending uber long range medibeams fuck off Crying or Very sad
gergg the grim reaper
gergg the grim reaper
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheeeseッ Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:35 pm

gergg the grim reaper wrote:i hate that bastard bloody ponce dem scripts are to me cheating like come on never ending uber long range medibeams fuck off Crying or Very sad

Not all scripts are cheating
Cheeeseッ
Cheeeseッ
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by gergg the grim reaper Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:02 pm

I SAID TO ME!
gergg the grim reaper
gergg the grim reaper
Pokemon Gym Leader
Pokemon Gym Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheeeseッ Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:40 am

gergg the grim reaper wrote:I SAID TO ME!

If you don't want to hear my opinion on yours then don't post it
Cheeeseッ
Cheeeseッ
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down