Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to your account here to participate in the forums, or alternatively register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday from Mops.

4 posters

Go down

Holiday from Mops. Empty Holiday from Mops.

Post by oOPIDDYOo Wed May 08, 2013 3:33 pm

Sad to say, Multiplay Operation Saorise has gotten to a point of unbearable game-play. I actually can't stand whats become of mops.
I miss the older days of mops, without the constant rupture of your anus, from the younger generation. Upon joining, I am greeted by ear-raping voices, SurpriseButtseks Spamz (In general), Haters, Friendly or Dies, and of utter most, Pretentious, Anti-Authoritarian Fucktards who need nothing but the power of what they desire, in most cases for insensitive self pleasure. The servers a wreck sorry to say, but the community of regs, all I can do is pray for the fact it does not proceed into a state worse off then it currently is situated at.

The days of a friendly chill server to actually have fun on is over, never again will we see the Mops we love, instead we must put up with what we are given.

I won't be on mops regularly unless something changes.

I'm sorry for bringing this up. Neutral

- Cap'n

A little Note: To some little examples, I do not appreciate having Hate pages set up in my name, over the fact that you slip into the category of unwanted prebfags. Take your butthurt fucking Throat-whistles Elsewhere, I'm confident to notify you of a large assortment of Hate pages set up in upper most hate of prebs, but no We fuckin put up with your bullshit, so don't fuck up the relationship you posses with your fellow community.

Fuck.
oOPIDDYOo
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://www.meatspin.com

Back to top Go down

Holiday from Mops. Empty Re: Holiday from Mops.

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS Wed May 08, 2013 8:26 pm

oOPIDDYOo wrote:Sad to say, Multiplay Operation Saorise has gotten to a point of unbearable game-play. I actually can't stand whats become of mops.
I miss the older days of mops, without the constant rupture of your anus, from the younger generation. Upon joining, I am greeted by ear-raping voices, SurpriseButtseks Spamz (In general), Haters, Friendly or Dies, and of utter most, Pretentious, Anti-Authoritarian Fucktards who need nothing but the power of what they desire, in most cases for insensitive self pleasure. The servers a wreck sorry to say, but the community of regs, all I can do is pray for the fact it does not proceed into a state worse off then it currently is situated at.

The days of a friendly chill server to actually have fun on is over, never again will we see the Mops we love, instead we must put up with what we are given.

I won't be on mops regularly unless something changes.

I'm sorry for bringing this up. Neutral

- Cap'n

A little Note: To some little examples, I do not appreciate having Hate pages set up in my name, over the fact that you slip into the category of unwanted prebfags. Take your butthurt fucking Throat-whistles Elsewhere, I'm confident to notify you of a large assortment of Hate pages set up in upper most hate of prebs, but no We fuckin put up with your bullshit, so don't fuck up the relationship you posses with your fellow community.

Fuck.

Well some suggestions might be nice. Haven't been on in the past few days due to some things in my personal life, but if a reform is going to take place, I need to know how. Bare this in mind before you respond; Whatever you could access in terms of general plugins, they can access too. I am more than happy to discuss a reform but it can't be a one sided convo, or neither of us are going to get anywhere. I have some more extreme ideas but they could come with dire consequence, namely to me and the playerbase, or just how the server is/was run (not that the latter would be an issue right now.)

For example, I could make the server premium exclusive. This would mean that only players who have premium accounts could access the server. While this would filter many of the gibus snipers, squeakers, lmaobox users etc. It would come at the price of a lot less players joining and playing in general, and perfectly fine f2p players would no longer be able to connect to the server.

I could add two moderators to the server, I would call this a donator perk limited to two people for a year, this would give two people who I trust a degree of control over commands, who under my strict rule set would be able to mute specific players and deal with them in a way that fits the nature of the server. Of course any moderator who I wrongly trusted would have their abilities revoked without warning. This would come at the consequence of more staff on the server who may try to run the server in a way that befits them and not the community. (some people let the power go to their heads, if I ever chose people to be eligible for this, I would try to make sure that they were not that sort of person.)

Another possibility would be to give everyone access to global votemute commands, but this is easy to abuse.

Let me hear your thoughts. (That goes for everyone)

Edit: Hate pages? Really?
TENTACLE_BOSS
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by oOPIDDYOo Thu May 09, 2013 11:34 am

Firstly, yes A hate group appropriately named "Anti-Captain Bubbles" was set up By Gregg and Scribble, due to the constant butt-hurt. (I am aware Scribble took it down, after apologizing for spamming, and trolling the server.)

As for Suggestions, like I mentioned there isn't really anything you can do to solve the audience. What makes worse, The exact category of those that are not wanted in the community, become Regulars. Furthermore, maybe a plugin which only allows one to use mic, if they are a member on the group/site. but of course that's a touch too far. Generally speaking, you sit up in the 'sign room' look down on the map, compare it to what u would see at the old pretence, back then its have fun around the map, set up activities and compete in some games you and your friends came up with on the map. Now its Kill or sandvich party, with the slight occasion of an event set up by yourself, implying the audience of mops in this present moment, has little to no creative and take an overly long time to loose interest in something, there is almost nothing to accomplish out of joining, but to Kill. Almost. Or Open up the Mute menu every join.

That was the just the pure awesomeness of Pretence, you would never go bored. There's always something you can accomplish.

Which leads me onto another topic. Trying not to sound like an impatient fucking CMS, but Mops, the community, the server in general. Needs a map where it matches all criteria of what the server covers, for Instance.

The map is a trade server, Clearly. Therefore it needs a trading section. Somehow.

The map is an Idol server, therefore it needs idol friendly Spawns.

People enjoy generally Chilling out. therefore it needs a place where you can go. chill, in quiet fucking, pleasure.

People need stuff to look for, things to keep them busy, Secrets? Mini games? Defensive Areas?

A sniper area for those gibus armys to release their tf_bot'ness

Alternative Chill/secret rooms. The babbling that commences when the shelter rises, almost 1-2 people make it in, every 30 minutes.

I guess this fits more into map suggestions, but I suppose The lack of creativity in the map is a cause of the boredom.
Mops_competition is a great map and for many reasons should remain our competition map. it just doesn't seem like a main... default map for a dedicated server. We need something more. Mops.
oOPIDDYOo
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by TENTACLE_BOSS Thu May 09, 2013 10:44 pm

oOPIDDYOo wrote:Firstly, yes A hate group appropriately named "Anti-Captain Bubbles" was set up By Gregg and Scribble, due to the constant butt-hurt. (I am aware Scribble took it down, after apologizing for spamming, and trolling the server.)

As for Suggestions, like I mentioned there isn't really anything you can do to solve the audience. What makes worse, The exact category of those that are not wanted in the community, become Regulars. Furthermore, maybe a plugin which only allows one to use mic, if they are a member on the group/site. but of course that's a touch too far. Generally speaking, you sit up in the 'sign room' look down on the map, compare it to what u would see at the old pretence, back then its have fun around the map, set up activities and compete in some games you and your friends came up with on the map. Now its Kill or sandvich party, with the slight occasion of an event set up by yourself, implying the audience of mops in this present moment, has little to no creative and take an overly long time to loose interest in something, there is almost nothing to accomplish out of joining, but to Kill. Almost. Or Open up the Mute menu every join.

That was the just the pure awesomeness of Pretence, you would never go bored. There's always something you can accomplish.

Which leads me onto another topic. Trying not to sound like an impatient fucking CMS, but Mops, the community, the server in general. Needs a map where it matches all criteria of what the server covers, for Instance.

The map is a trade server, Clearly. Therefore it needs a trading section. Somehow.

The map is an Idol server, therefore it needs idol friendly Spawns.

People enjoy generally Chilling out. therefore it needs a place where you can go. chill, in quiet fucking, pleasure.

People need stuff to look for, things to keep them busy, Secrets? Mini games? Defensive Areas?

A sniper area for those gibus armys to release their tf_bot'ness

Alternative Chill/secret rooms. The babbling that commences when the shelter rises, almost 1-2 people make it in, every 30 minutes.

I guess this fits more into map suggestions, but I suppose The lack of creativity in the map is a cause of the boredom.
Mops_competition is a great map and for many reasons should remain our competition map. it just doesn't seem like a main... default map for a dedicated server. We need something more. Mops.

I recall a certain someone was meant to be making their own map some time ago.

Whilst I would like to adapt something new in the wake of pretence, I should mention that due to steampipe I cannot right now, since it has effectively busted hammer for everyone. Not to mention, after a while people DID get bored of pretence, one of the reasons we changed it in the first place.
TENTACLE_BOSS
TENTACLE_BOSS
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

http://mops.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheeeseッ Sun May 12, 2013 3:35 pm

TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:Well some suggestions might be nice. Haven't been on in the past few days due to some things in my personal life, but if a reform is going to take place, I need to know how. Bare this in mind before you respond; Whatever you could access in terms of general plugins, they can access too. I am more than happy to discuss a reform but it can't be a one sided convo, or neither of us are going to get anywhere. I have some more extreme ideas but they could come with dire consequence, namely to me and the playerbase, or just how the server is/was run (not that the latter would be an issue right now.)

For example, I could make the server premium exclusive. This would mean that only players who have premium accounts could access the server. While this would filter many of the gibus snipers, squeakers, lmaobox users etc. It would come at the price of a lot less players joining and playing in general, and perfectly fine f2p players would no longer be able to connect to the server.

I could add two moderators to the server, I would call this a donator perk limited to two people for a year, this would give two people who I trust a degree of control over commands, who under my strict rule set would be able to mute specific players and deal with them in a way that fits the nature of the server. Of course any moderator who I wrongly trusted would have their abilities revoked without warning. This would come at the consequence of more staff on the server who may try to run the server in a way that befits them and not the community. (some people let the power go to their heads, if I ever chose people to be eligible for this, I would try to make sure that they were not that sort of person.)

Another possibility would be to give everyone access to global votemute commands, but this is easy to abuse.

if the server finds out you're adding 2 mods, it's going to be even crazier
Cheeeseッ
Cheeeseッ
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSexyKitty Sun May 12, 2013 5:57 pm

The server would only find out once it happened seeing as most of them never come on here Razz
TheSexyKitty
TheSexyKitty
Pokemon Champion
Pokemon Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by oOPIDDYOo Mon May 13, 2013 4:06 am

Cheeeseッ wrote:
TENTACLE_BOSS wrote:Well some suggestions might be nice. Haven't been on in the past few days due to some things in my personal life, but if a reform is going to take place, I need to know how. Bare this in mind before you respond; Whatever you could access in terms of general plugins, they can access too. I am more than happy to discuss a reform but it can't be a one sided convo, or neither of us are going to get anywhere. I have some more extreme ideas but they could come with dire consequence, namely to me and the playerbase, or just how the server is/was run (not that the latter would be an issue right now.)

if the server finds out you're adding 2 mods, it's going to be even crazier

True, although If tent is going to add mods, he's smart enough to not give any game enhancing privileges. But yeah, I can already picture the new motivation for sucking up.

EDIT: *cough* Vote 1, kitty for Mod *cough*
oOPIDDYOo
oOPIDDYOo
Pokemon Elder
Pokemon Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down